Ivy Stevens-Gupta is an award-winning contemporary artist and color theorist living in Ithaca, NY. After studying art at Alfred University, she received her A.A.S. in Business Administration from Corning Community College, a BS in Marketing and an MS in Liberal Studies from SUNY Empire State College and a certificate in Interior Design from Interior Design Institute. Ivy is a former Advertising Manager for Gannett Newspaper Division and Corporate Relations Director for Johnson at Cornell University. She currently teaches color theory, marketing and painting. Her custom designed vibrant paintings can be found in homes and offices all over the world and have appeared in several international books on contemporary artists.
Ivy's current work is a continued exploration of the psychology of art from her graduate studies. She has explored how color affects the brain and how science and digital technology have influenced how we perceive images. Ivy’s visual odyssey in her paintings focus on exuberant colors, textures, shapes, and space. Color has tremendous expressive qualities that can alter our moods. When creating her artwork, Ivy chooses a cornucopia of colors in highly distinctive aesthetic patterns. Her process involves several layers of paint on canvas which is often emblazoned by metallic and iridescent overlays, glitter, glass, beads, gold leaf and misc. mixed media. She then applies a clear coat of high gloss polymer epoxy resin that offers the duality of sealing in the artwork while making the colors pop by reflecting light. The result is a luxurious composite that is full of energy and captivating interplay of colors.
Art Exhibitions, Events & Publications:
Upcoming...Greater Ithaca Art Trail, Open Studio Weekend, October 7 & 8 and 14 & 15, 2017 from 11am-5pm each day, 11 Wedgewood Drive, Ithaca, NY.
- Ithaca Marriott Downtown, solo exhibit titled "Perfection Imperfections," 120 South Aurora Street, Ithaca, NY. August 4-31, 2017.
- Community Arts Partnership (CAP ArtSpace), Ithaca Commons, 171 E. State St., MLK Jr., Ithaca, NY. Annual Art Trail Group Exhibit, July 6-31, 2017.
- Tompkins Trust Company, Ithaca Commons, solo show titled "Color & Abstraction," March 31, 2017-May 2, 2017. 110 N. Tioga Street, Ithaca, NY.
- Hinkle Library Gallery, Alfred State College, solo exhibit, February 1, 2017-March 3, 2017. 10 Upper College Drive, Alfred, NY.
- Cellar d'Or Wine & Cider, group holiday show. December 1-31, 2016. 136 E. State Street, Ithaca, NY.
- State of the Art Gallery, "Greater Ithaca Art Trail," Oct. 5-Oct. 30, 2016. 120 W. State Street, Ithaca, NY.
- Kepi Furniture Inc., located at The Shops at Ithaca Mall, Catherwood Rd., Ithaca, NY. August 15-September 15, 2016.
- Cellar d'Or Wine & Cider, solo show titled "Micro Expressions in Abstract Art," August 1-31, 2016. 136 E. State Street, Ithaca, NY.
- Ithaca Artist Market (juried show). Friday, July 29th, 2016, 2pm-8pm. Booth #37, Steamboat Landing, 545 3rd Street, Ithaca, NY.
- The Juilliard School, "Wednesday Night Fever-Scholarship Benefit," 60 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY. June 2016.
- International Contemporary Artists, Volume XI, I.C.A. Publishing, New York, NY, May 2016.
- States of Mind (SOM) Magazine, February, 2016. http://mhaedu.org/states-of-mind/
- States of Mind (SOM) Artist Exhibit, February 5, 2016, MHATC Offices, Ithaca, NY.
- Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport. Solo exhibition titled, "In Plane View: Skyscapes and Abstract Art Inspired by Aviation." January 1-March 31, 2016. 1 Culligan Drive, Ithaca, NY.
- Rochester Contemporary Art Center, "25th Annual Members Exhibition," December 3-January 17th, 2016. Rochester, New York.
- Greater Ithaca Art Trail, Open Studio, Oct. 10-11 and 17-18, 2015. 11 Wedgewood Drive, Ithaca, NY. 11am-5pm.
- Ithaca Artist Market (juried show). Friday, July 24th, 2015, 2pm-8pm. Steamboat Landing, 545 3rd Street, Ithaca, NY, Booth #29.
- Greater Ithaca Art Trail, Open Studio, Oct. 11-12 and 18-19, 2014. 11 Wedgewood Drive, Ithaca, NY. 11am-5pm.
- State of the Art Gallery, "Greater Ithaca Art Trail," Oct. 1-Nov. 2, 2014. Ithaca, NY.
- Franklin Street Gallery, People's Choice Exhibit, "Midsummer Night's Dream," June 2014. Watkins Glen, NY.
- CAP Artspace, Juried exibit titled, "Rhythm & Rhyme," May 1-June 2, 2014 (during Ithaca Festival), Center at Ithaca, 171 The Commons, Ithaca, NY.
- Rochester Contemporary Art Center (RoCCellar d'Or Wine & Cider, solo show titled "Micro Expressions in Abstract Art," August 1-31, 2016. 136 E. State Street, Ithaca, o), "6x6x2014", May 23-July 13, 2014. 137 East Avenue, Rochester, NY.
- Community Arts of Elmira, Member Show, March 1-April 19, 2014. 413 Lake St., Elmira, NY.
- Fine Line Bistro, Solo exhibition titled "Color Matters," January 15, 2014-March 11, 2014, Ithaca, NY.
- CMSA's annual Open Show, December 6-January 31, 2014. Community School of Music and Arts, Ithaca, NY.
- 237 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY. "ThinkArt: Modeling Thought Through Art," a juried exhibit based on and inspired by four patters of thought: Distinctions, Systems, Relationships , and Perspectives. The exhibit was created to be featured in a film being produced by PhotoSynthesis Productions as part of a USDA funded national education campaign. November 16 & 17, 2013.
- Merrill Lynch, Ithaca, NY. Ongoing art exhibit in lobby.
- Johnson at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Ongoing exhibit.
- International Contemporary Artists Volume VII, I.C.A. Publishing, New York, NY, 2013.
- International Contemporary Masters Volume VII. World Wide Art Books, Inc., 2013.
- Important World Artists Volume I. WWAB. 2013.
- Franklin Street Gallery. “Festival of Women in the Arts--The Great Mother.” Watkins Glen, NY. March 16-31, 2012.
- Community School of Music and Art. “Creative Continuum: Works by Empire State College Ithaca Unit Students & Alumni.” Ithaca, NY. Feb. 3-24, 2012.
- International Contemporary Masters Volume V. World Wide Art Books, Inc. January 2012.
- SUNY Empire State College Student Academic Conference & Art Exhibit. First Place for Poster Contest. White Plains, NY. October 2011.
- Everson Museum “60/60.” Syracuse, NY. June 17, 2011.
- SUNY Empire State College “The Student Connection” http://www.esc.edu/student-connection/issues/articles-prior-to-issue-36/
- Community School of Music and Art. “Arts for All Marathon.” Ithaca, NY. Sept. 27th-October 23rd, 2010.
- Museum of the Earth, “ARTfest.” Ithaca, NY. August 8, 2010.
- Corning Community College Academic and Workforce Development Center. “The Feminine.” Elmira, NY. March 5-April 9, 2010.
- Corning Community College Academic and Workforce Development Center. “Women in the Arts.” Elmira, NY. March 2-April 17, 2009.
- The Palace Theater Gallery. “Wine Country.” Juried group exhibition. Corning, NY. January 7-February 22, 2009.
- The Palace Theater Gallery. “The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes--Member Exhibition.” Corning, NY. July 2-Sept. 1, 2008.